In this post, we will cover:
- Safety Measures to Follow When Installing an AC Unit
- Safety Measures to Follow When Operating an AC Unit
- Safety Measures to Follow When Repairing an AC Unit
Air conditioners have become a must-have appliance in our homes today. But did you know they can be fatal if not handled properly? Here’s our list of safety measure you must follow when installing, operating and repairing your AC unit.
Safety Measures to Follow When Installing an AC Unit
- Location of the AC is important. Make sure there are no devices or appliances containing flammable gases placed near your AC.
- An earth leakage breaker is a must. Not installing a breaker can lead to electric shocks while operating the AC. Also, earth cables should not connect to a gas pipe, water pipe or telephone earth cable.
- Ensure that the drain hose pipe does not contain any water at the time of installation.
Safety Measures to Follow When Operating an AC Unit
- Make sure your hands are dry whenever you handle the switches.
- If you have kids at home, make sure they don’t use the indoor unit as a swing or a plaything.
- Do not spray or place a flammable insecticide or paint spray near the blower as it can result in fire.
- Do not pour any liquid or water into the AC unit as it can damage insulation and cause electric shock.
- Do not place any electrical appliances or other household items below the indoor and outdoor units of the air conditioner.
- If you are cleaning or dusting your AC unit, make sure the power supply is off. Also, don’t open the panel when the fan is still rotating.
- If your AC is due for servicing, hire an expert AC technician from Hill Country Repairs.
Safety Measures to Follow When Repairing an AC Unit
- Again, do not attempt to repair your AC by yourself. Book an AC technician from Hill Country Repairs.
- Put a sticker on the AC unit saying “Do not turn on” so that everyone in your home is aware and safe.
- Do not touch any live wires or conductors with your bare hands.
- Getting your AC repaired during day time is the best option as there is enough natural light to identify the problem without switching on any other electrical devices. Ensure that any gas recharge is done outdoors.
- During the AC repair service, make sure children are not around and that you too are at a safe distance away from the unit.
- Don’t try to be overly helpful during the repair service by joining in, let the Hill Country Repairs AC technicians work independently. That said, do ask what they are doing and why.