In this article, we are going through some maintenance tips for your air conditioning system, that you can handle with yourself. They can help your air conditioner to work better and efficiently for a long period.
One of the most important things in your air conditioner is airflow. Your outdoor box unit takes air in through the coils and blows it out the top. If these literal sides are blocked with debris it decreases the efficiency of your unit. Here some easy tips you can do.
- The first thing, (in case you have forgotten) is to cut off the power to the unit. Further, you got to clean the debris and grass away from your unit. And make sure there are no obstacles around it in two meters. Take your garden hose and with a pressure clean off the coils, but not too hard, the coils are fragile.
- Next thing, make sure that the unit is level, if is not you might want to have a professional to handle that.
- Check the electrical connections. Make sure there are no subjected wires.
- Firstly, check the filters, make sure if you can see the light through it. If not, replace them. Replace filters as often as needed, at least once a month.
- Now with the thermostat. The only thing you should do, is visually read the thermometer and see if it matches the temperature in the room. Within 3 degrees is normal. These were some easy tips we have shared with you that you can do them on your own. Manufacturers recommend that you need to have an HVAC professional technician once in a year to inspect your air conditioning system. They have specialty tools to check everything carefully. They will check voltages, check the capacitor, check the refrigerant levels, etc, which is hard to reach these components and perform on your own, and are risky also.
If you live in Texas, Austin area, Give Hill Country Repairs a call. We`ll send a certified HVAC technician to your place in no time. We have the best services at really affordable prices in the area. Call 512-730-1559 or schedule service online.